Considering the timeless qualities of our pieces, taking appropriate care of your jewellery will allow you to maintain their shine and beauty so you can wear them for years to come in perfect condition.
The pieces of the Malu Maiese Collection are treated with a technique that helps prevent discolouration, enhancing their durability. However, it is very important that you follow the following recommendations to maximise their longevity:
- Exposure to certain chemicals or environments may compromise the integrity of your jewellery. This includes, but is not limited to perspiration (sweat), perfumes and colognes, creams, hairspray, cleaning products, chlorine, salt water, etc.
- Minimising contact with water by removing your jewellery before a shower, bathing in swimming pools or the sea, will help conserve the piece.
- Avoid engaging in sporting activities with your jewellery.
- Avoid contact with rough surfaces that may damage the surface of the pieces.
- Your jewellery should always be stored individually and wrapped in soft fabrics such as velvet bags or individual plastic bags with airtight closure. This minimises contact with the air and the light, which are two of the elements that most affect the deterioration of the materials.
- In order to clean your pieces, use a soft fabric such as suede and rub softly. This will help eliminate sweat, oil, dirt, etc., that the piece may have absorbed with use.
- For pieces in 925 or 950 silver, you can use a low abrasion silver cleaning product to make your jewellery shine again if they have stained over time.
If, despite following these recommendation, your jewellery does not return to the desired level of shine, please contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you information regarding our personalised golden plating service, which can recover the initial shine and beauty of your piece.